ngel Food cake is light, airy and delicious, especially when topped with silky white chocolate whipped ganache and fresh berries!
To make Angel Food cake it is essential to have Angel Food cake pan – which is a tube pan with a straight bottom, and it is made of two parts. Exactly the same pan is used to make also delicious and airy chiffon cake.
The thing is – you should NOT, under any circumstances butter and flour the cake pan! Why – you ask? Well, this cake is so light and delicate that once it is baked, you have to turn the pan along with the cake upside down and let it cool down like that. If you don’t do that it will collapse. So, while it is baking, the cake batter should stick to the cake pan, so when you invert it, it won’t slide out of the pan. Once the cake is cold, you will need to carefully run your small spatula between the cake and the pan to release it, and the spongy deliciousness will be ready!
In case you are wondering what to do with egg yolks, here are some yummy options: zabaglione, crème brûlée or chocolate parfait with sour cherry sauce. Enjoy!
Angel Food Cake
by:Tereza Alabanda,The Pastry MaestraPRINT PDF (EN) ISPIŠI PDF (HR)
Prep. time : 20 minutes
Cook time : 45 minutes
Ready in 65 minutes plus cooling
Level : Basic
Angel Food Cake Batter:
- All purpose flour 115g (4oz)
- Salt 1g (1/4Tsp)
- Sugar 170g (6oz)
- Vanilla powder
- Lemon zest 4g (1Tsp)
- Egg whites 360g (12.7oz)
- Sugar 200g (7oz)
- White chocolate 70g (2.5oz)
- Gelatin 3g (1.5 sheets)
- Cream 35% 250g (8.8oz)
- Glucose syrup 10g (2Tsp)
- Vanilla powder
- Fresh strawberries
- Fresh blueberries
- To make Angel Food cake put sifted flour, salt, 170g (6oz) of sugar, vanilla powder and lemon zest into a bowl and stir well with a whisk. Place room temperature egg whites into a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment and whisk on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar (200g/7oz) and continue mixing until meringue becomes firm. Fold the dry ingredients into the meringue.
- Transfer the batter into 25cm (10″) in diameter Angel Food cake pan and bake at 180°C (350°F) for about 45 minutes. Take the pan out and invert it immediately. Leave the cake to cool down completely.
- To make white chocolate whipped ganache, soak gelatin in cold water. As soon as the gelatin softens take it out and squeeze to get rid of the excess water. Place cream into a bowl, add glucose syrup and vanilla powder. Heat this in the microwave. Then, add soaked gelatin and stir until it melts. Put white chocolate into a bowl, and strain hot cream into the chocolate. Blend this with immersion blender until the mixture becomes uniform. Cover the mixture with cling film, and leave it in the fridge overnight.
- To finish off white chocolate whipped ganache, put it into a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment and mix on medium speed until it becomes pipeable, but it should still be smooth. Put white chocolate whipped ganache into a piping bag fitted with star tip and decorate your cake. Place some fresh berries onto the ganache.
- There, your delicious Angel Food cake is done! Enjoy!
Well, what do you think about this post?
Please leave your comment on YouTube, thank you!
I read and really appreciate all the comments, even though I do not always have the time to respond to each one. So – keep me in the loop and try to create some sweetness every day because – Sweetness is happiness!!