oday I’m making another cherry dessert. Besides being delicious, my raw cherry and white chocolate mini cakes are also gluten free, refined sugar free and vegan – because you’ve asked for it! So, let’s start!
To make my raw cherry and white chocolate mini cakes first thing I have to do is soak my cashew nuts and dates in cold water for a couple of hours or overnight. I like to weigh and soak my cashews separately for each layer because they will become heavier – so if you soak all the cashews together, you will have to weigh them again and divide in two. Before making my cakes I will drain everything and discard the water. Another thing you need to keep in mind is – have all of your ingredients at room temperature, because if you put, for example melted coconut oil together with super cold almond milk in your blender – coconut oil will set immedietaly, and it will be much more difficult to make smooth, silky filling.
To make these cuties you will need a food processor and a high speed blender. Using those appliances you will obtain the best results. So, to make the base all I need to do is pulse almonds in a food processor. Then, I’ll add drained dates and cocoa powder and pulse again until I get crumbly but sticky mixture. I will press this mixture into the bottom of my ring molds.
To make my cherry filling I will place all the ingredients in my blender and blend until I get smooth mixture. I will pour it into my molds until I fill them halfway, and then put them in the freezer until it sets. I will make my white chocolate filling the sam way, and once I get my smooth mixture I will fill my molds all the way to the top. I will store the remaining white chocolate filling in the frige. When my mini cakes are set, I’ll decorate them with some more white chocolate filling, and place one cherry on the top! Yummy!
I fou like helthy and delicious cakes, or maybe you are vegan – check my other recipes, like raw chocolate cake, amazing raspberry raw cake, mixed berry and coconut raw cake, blueberry, matcha and passion fruit mini cakes or delightful chocolate and hazelnut bars! Enjoy!
Raw Cherry and White Chocolate Mini Cakes
by:Tereza Alabanda,The Pastry MaestraPRINT PDF (EN) ISPIŠI PDF (HR)
Prep. time : 15 minutes
Cook time : 0 minutes
Ready in 15 minutes plus soaking and cooling
Level : Basic
- Almonds 115g (4oz)
- Dates, pitted 55g (2oz)
- Cocoa powder 10g (4Tsp)
- Cashew nuts 130g (4.6oz) – weight before soaking
- Cherry puree 200g (7oz)
- Coconut oil 100g (3.5oz)
- Agave syrup 70g (2.5oz)
- Cashew nuts 140g (5oz) – weight before soaking
- Almond milk 220g (7.7oz)
- Cocoa butter 115g (4oz)
- Agave syrup 70g (2.1oz)
- Vanilla powder to taste
- Fresh cherries
- The night before making your cakes or at least 4 hours before soak cashew nuts and dates in cold water.
- To make the base put almonds into a food processor and pulse until they are roughly chopped. Then, add dates that you’ve previously soaked in cold water and cocoa powder. Pulse for a couple of more times until you get crumbly, but sticky mixture.
- Wrap the bottom of six 5cm (2”) in diameter and 5cm (2”) high ring molds with cling film and line them with acetate strip. Transfer about 30g (1oz) of the mixture into each mold and press it into the bottom using a small angled spatula or a back of a spoon. Place everything in the freezer to set.
- To make cherry filling put soaked and drained cashew nuts, melted neutral tasting coconut oil, cherry puree and agave syrup into a high speed blender. Blend until you get smooth mixture. Put the mixture into a piping bag, and pour it into the prepared molds until you fill them halfway. Shake the molds to distribute the filling evenly and place everything in the freezer to set.
- To make white chocolate filling place soaked and drained cashew nuts, melted cocoa butter, almond milk, agave syrup and vanilla powder into a blender. Blend until you get smooth mixture. Transfer the mixture into a piping bag, and fill the molds all the way to the top. Shake the mold to distribute the filling evenly and place everything in the freezer to set.
- Cover remaining white chocolate filling with cling film and store in the fridge until needed.
- Pipe some more white chocolate filling onto the set cakes and decorate them with fresh cherries.
- There, your delicious raw cherry and white chocolate mini cakes are done! Enjoy!
Well, what do you think about this post?
Please leave your comment on YouTube, thank you!
I read and really appreciate all the comments, even though I do not always have the time to respond to each one. So – keep me in the loop and try to create some sweetness every day because – Sweetness is happiness!!