balanced diet is a bar of chocolate in each hand” – said the unknown wise person once, I bet it was a woman. ;) So I figured, why not make a treat that will contain a double amount of chocolate to fulfill the needs of every chocolate aficionada out there? And here they are – (drum roll please!) – decadent double chocolate spritz cookies, just for you!
Now, here, on my site I have a recipe for buttery, melt-in-your-mouth Viennois cookies – also called spritz cookies, so if you have already made those, this – new and improved recipe will be a piece of cake for you! Now – imagine the same cookies, but twice as yummy since these are flavored with chocolate and sandwiched with dark chocolate ganache! Chocolate as far as the eye can see, absolutely divine! So, my fellow chocolate addicts, this one is for you from me!
Double Chocolate Spritz Cookies Recipe
by:Tereza Alabanda,The Pastry MaestraPRINT PDF (EN) ISPIŠI PDF (HR)
Prep. time : 20 minutes
Cook time : 12 minutes
Ready in 32 minutes
Level : AdvancedIngredients Chocolate Spritz Cookies:
- Butter 250g (8.8oz)
- Powdered sugar 125g (4.4oz)
- Vanilla powder to taste
- Eggs 50g (1.8oz or 1 medium egg)
- All purpose flour 270g (9.5oz)
- Cocoa powder 30g (1oz)
- Dark chocolate 150g (5.3oz)
- Whipping cream 150g (5.3oz)
- Butter 60g (2oz)
- Line one large baking tray with parchment paper and get your piping bags (one with a basketweave tip, and another with a plain 10mm or 3⁄8” tip) ready.
- To make the cookie dough cream 250g softened butter with powdered sugar and vanilla. You can do it in a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, with a hand mixer or with a whisk.
- Add one medium egg and whisk to combine.
- Add flour sifted with cocoa powder and mix with a rubber spatula.
- Fill piping bag fitted with basketweave tip with the dough and pipe strips 7cm (2″) long.
- Place the tray in the fridge for 15-20 minutes until the dough is set.
- Bake the cookies at 180°C (350°F) for about 10-12 minutes.
- Take your chocolate spritz cookies out and leave them to cool.
- To make ganache chop chocolate and heat the cream in the saucepan until it boils. Immediately pour hot cream over the chopped chocolate. Leave it for one minute, and gently stir until you get a uniform and shiny mixture. Add softened butter and stir until it is melted.
- Leave ganache to set at room temperature until it becomes pipeable.
- Put your chocolate ganache into a piping bag fitted with plain 10mm (3⁄8“) tip.
- Pipe one strip of ganache on the cookie and sandwich with another cookie.
- Leave cookies in the fridge to set for 10-15 minutes.
Well, what do you think about this post?
Please leave your comment on YouTube, thank you!
I read and really appreciate all the comments, even though I do not always have the time to respond to each one. So – keep me in the loop and try to create some sweetness every day because – Sweetness is happiness!!