oday I’m making super easy, delicious and sweet white chocolate fudge! It is filled with dried cranberries, pistachios and blanched almonds. And that’s not all – the best thing about it is that you can make it in only couple of minutes! Yum!
What is Fudge?
Fudge is a type of sugar candy that originates from the late 19th century USA. In the old times it was made by mixing sugar, glucose syrup, butter, and usually containing dairy products like milk or condensed milk. Making classical, old-fashioned fudge, requires cooking the sugar mixture to soft-ball stage – which is a temperature between 116°C (240°F) and 118°C (245°F). If you have never heard about stages of cooked sugar syrup, and you want to learn how to cook sugar syrup, check my post!
OK, let’s get back to our fudge! After cooking it to soft ball stage, it is necessary to leave the fudge mixture to cool to about 50°C (120°F). When the fudge mixture cools, it should be agitated, which means it should be worked with a spatula, usually on a marble slab, or it can be mixed in a stand mixer until the sugar re-crystallizes. BTW – this same technique is also used in making fondant icing, and if you want to learn more about that, I have a post and video on that subject. When the fudge cools down completely, it is done! It is usually cut in squares and that’s it!
Easy White Chocolate Fudge
So, you see that the procedure of making proper, old-fashioned fudge is quite technical, time-consuming and tedious, right? Well, I am not going to do that today! I take a more modern approach to making candy and, if followed properly, the resulting delicacy will be just as wonderful as those made in the past!
The only difference is the time you save making each batch, so I will show you how to make the easiest, and quickest white chocolate fudge ever! It will take just a couple of ingredients, a microwave oven, and a few minutes of your time. And, when it cools down completely, simply cut out the (big) squares and enjoy in this sweet treat! Yummy! OK, so, let’s make the easiest white chocolate fudge ever!
Easiest White Chocolate Fudge Recipe
by:Tereza Alabanda,The Pastry MaestraPRINT PDF (EN) ISPIŠI PDF (HR)
Prep. time : 5 minutes
Cook time : 1 minute
Ready in 6 minutes plus cooling
Level : BasicIngredients:
- White chocolate 330g (11.6oz)
- Sweetened condensed milk 265g (9.3oz)
- Dried cranberries 60g (2.1oz)
- Pistachios 45g (1.5oz)
- Blanched almonds 45g (1.5oz)
- Freeze dried cranberry powder 1⁄2Tsp
- Sliced dried cranberries
- Chopped pistachios
- To make white chocolate fudge melt white chocolate in a microwave oven on low heat. Heat sweetened condensed milk and add it to the melted chocolate. Stir with a silicone spatula to combine.
- Add freeze dried cranberry powder, dried cranberries, pistachios and blanched almonds, and stir until the mixture becomes uniform.
- Transfer the mixture into a 20cmx20cm (8″x8″) pan lined with parchment paper. Smooth the top with a silicone spatula, and top it with sliced cranberries and chopped pistachios. Put everything in the fridge for a couple of hours, until it sets.
- Cut chilled fudge into 5cmx5cm (2″x2″) squares, and enjoy!
Well, what do you think about this post?
Please leave your comment on YouTube, thank you!
I read and really appreciate all the comments, even though I do not always have the time to respond to each one. So – keep me in the loop and try to create some sweetness every day because – Sweetness is happiness!!