ight, airy and crispy meringue layers, creamy mascarpone filling and fragrant fresh strawberries are a match made in heaven! Stay tuned and enjoy!
How to Make Strawberry and Meringue Cake
This cake is so easy to make! First I’ll make French meringue. Btw you can learn everything about all types of meringue in my post. Then, I will fold some powdered sugar into the meringue. I will pipe it onto a paper lined baking tray and bake it until it is dried.
When my meringue is done I will make simple mascarpone cream by mixing mascarpone, sugar and vanilla powder with some whipped cream. All I need to do next is assemble my strawberry and meringue cake and dig in!
If you share passion for strawberries with me, check my other strawberry recipes, like – for example – strawberry panna cotta, strawberry tarts, vanilla and strawberry mille-feuille, chocolate cookie and strawberry mini cakes, strawberry and white chocolate tarts or light strawberry and yogurt mousse cake. Bon appétit!
Strawberry and Meringue Cake
by:Tereza Alabanda,The Pastry MaestraPRINT PDF (EN) ISPIŠI PDF (HR)
Prep. time : 15 minutes
Cook time : 50 minutes
Ready in 65 minutes plus cooling
Level : Basic
- Egg whites 115g (4oz)
- Sugar 115g (4oz)
- Powdered sugar 115g (4oz)
- Red gel food coloring as needed
- Mascarpone cream cheese 250g (8.8oz)
- Sugar 55g (2oz)
- Vanilla powder to taste
- Cream 35% 250g (8.8oz)
- Fresh strawberries 250g (8.8oz)
- Chopped pistachios
- To make French meringue place room temperature egg whites into a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment and whisk on medium speed. When soft peaks form gradually add sugar and continue whisking until all the sugar is dissolved, and the meringue becomes nice and glossy. Then, add sifted powdered sugar and mix with a silicone spatula until incorporated.
- Transfer the meringue into a piping bag fitted with 12mm (1/2″) tip, and pipe it onto a paper lined baking tray. Make three 16cmx8.5cm (6.3″x3.3″) rectangles. Then bake them at 100°C (210°F) for about 30 minutes. Take them out and leave them to cool down.
- Brush the interior of another piping bag fitted with 8mm (3/8″) tip with red gel food coloring. Fill the bag with the remaining meringue and pipe some meringue cookies onto a paper lined baking tray. Bake them at 100°C (210°F) for about 20 minutes, until dried.
- To make mascarpone cream put mascarpone cream cheese into a bowl. Add sugar and vanilla powder and stir well with a silicone spatula. Whisk cream in a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment to soft peaks. Add whipped cream into mascarpone mixture and mix to combine.
- To assemble the cake place the first meringue layer onto a board. Pipe some mascarpone cream onto it. Then, place diced strawberries onto the cream. Top this with another meringue rectangle, and repeat the procedure. Place the third meringue layer on top and pipe mascarpone cream onto it.
- Decorate the cake with meringue kisses, fresh strawberries and chopped pistachios.
- There, your delicious strawberry and meringue cake is done! Enjoy!
Well, what do you think about this post?
Please leave your comment on YouTube, thank you!
I read and really appreciate all the comments, even though I do not always have the time to respond to each one. So – keep me in the loop and try to create some sweetness every day because – Sweetness is happiness!!