oday I’m making amazing egg free, no-bake passion fruit cheesecake! Since my yummy dessert is no-bake I won’t even need to use my oven, which is very convenient since the summer is in its full swing! Awesome, right?
A Few Words about Passion Fruit
Passion fruit! Two words, one cute flower, one tasty fruit and that’s it, nothing more to be said about it, right?! Well – wrong! I can bet my best spatula that, when you think about passion fruit, never, and I mean never, would you think of suffering and death of Jesus Christ! Am I right or am I right?! Well, here’s the story!
Passiflora edulis, in Latin, or passion fruit as we know it, is a plant that originates from Brazil. Back in the 17th century, Brazil was the only place on earth where you could find it, but that is not the most important thing in this story! No, Jesuit missionaries are! You see, Jesuit missionaries were converting people to Christianity all over the world, but in Brazil, somehow, somebody found a rather peculiar ‘teaching aid’ – and yes, it was the passion fruit! They used the passion fruit’s flower to “explain” the passion of Jesus – meaning, every part of the flower was representing a certain step or an image related to the crucifixion of Jesus Christ! Weird stuff, ha?!
The three styles represent the three nails; the five stamens represent the five wounds on the body of Christ; the ovary, which is oval and set on a stalk is a hammer used to drive the nails; the spiky corona, visible above the petals is the crown of thorns, and ten petals are ten “good” apostles – Judas and Peter were not included for obvious reasons! How about that?! Boooom! Mind blowing! One humble, pretty flower and one small, colorful plant burdened with such a humongous load, I still can’t wrap my mind around it, no matter how many times I tell this story!
My No-Bake Passion Fruit Cheesecake
OK, back to the future, as they say, and in our future I see a wonderful, extra yummy and simple dessert, so let me show you how to make it! I will make simple crust suing graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Then, I’ll make delicious egg free cream cheese mousse which I’ll enrich with pure vanilla. When my mousse sets, I’ll make cream cheese and passion fruit mousse and pour it onto my first mousse. When my second mousse sets, I will decorate my cheesecake with lots of fresh fruits. And that’s it! Easy-peasy! No-bake passion fruit cheesecake, here we come!
If you are a cheesecake fan, check my other cheesecake recipes like, for example – no-bake fig, walnut and honey cheesecake, strawberry cheesecake bars, no-bake double chocolate cheesecake, no-bake chocolate and passion fruit cheesecake, no-bake coconut cheesecake or guilt-free blueberry cheesecake, I hope you’ll find something you’ll like!
No-Bake Passion Fruit Cheesecake Recipe
by:Tereza Alabanda,The Pastry MaestraPRINT PDF (EN) ISPIŠI PDF (HR)
Prep. time : 20 minutes
Cook time : 0 minutes
Ready in 20 minutes plus cooling
Level : BasicIngredients: Graham Crust:
- Graham crackers, ground 100g (3.5oz)
- Butter, melted 50g (1.8oz)
- Cream cheese 180g (6.3oz)
- Sour cream 50g (1.8oz)
- Milk 50g (1.8oz)
- Sugar 55g (2oz)
- Gelatin 4g (2,5 leaves)
- Vanilla powder or scraped vanilla pod
- Cream (35%) 180g (6.3oz)
- Cream cheese 200g (7oz)
- Passion fruit puree 100g (3.5oz)
- Sugar 70g (2.5oz)
- Gelatin 4g (2,5 leaves)
- Cream (35%) 200g (7oz)
- Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, red currant, kiwi
- To make the crust put ground graham crackers and melted butter into a bowl. Stir with a silicone spatula to combine.
- Line 16cm (6.3″) in diameter, and 6cm (2.3″) high cake ring with acetate strip.
- Transfer the ground cracker mixture into the mold and smooth its surface with the bottom of a glass. Then, smooth the edges using the back of the spoon. After that put everything in the fridge to set.
- To make cream cheese mousse, soak gelatin in cold water. As soon as the gelatin softens take it out and squeeze to get rid of the excess water. Put the cream cheese into a bowl, and mix it with a silicone spatula until it becomes smooth. Add sour cream and continue mixing until the mixture becomes uniform. Put milk into another bowl, add sugar and vanilla and stir with a whisk to combine. Heat up this mixture in the microwave. When the milk gets hot add gelatin and stir until it melts. Add this mixture to cream cheese mixture and stir with a whisk until it becomes uniform. Whip the cream in a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment to soft peaks. Add cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream and stir with a whisk until the mixture becomes uniform.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared mold and shake the mold to distribute the mousse evenly. Then put it in the freezer until it sets completely.
- To make passion fruit mousse soak gelatin in cold water. As soon as the gelatin softens, take it out and squeeze to get rid of the excess water. Put the cream cheese into a bowl, and mix it with a silicone spatula until it softens. Put passion fruit puree into a bowl, add sugar and stir with a whisk. Heat up this mixture in the microwave. When the puree is hot add soaked gelatin and stir until it melts. Pour warm mixture into the cream cheese and stir with a whisk until the mixture becomes uniform. Whip the cream in a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment to soft peaks. Add lukewarm passion fruit mixture into whipped cream and stir with a whisk until it becomes uniform.
- Pour passion fruit mousse mixture onto the frozen cream cheese mousse until you fill the mold to the top. Shake the mold to distribute the mousse evenly, and then put it in the freezer until it sets completely.
- When the cake is set decorate it with some fresh fruits – strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, red currants and kiwi.
- There, your delicious no-bake passion fruit cheesecake is done! Enjoy!
Well, what do you think about this post?
Please leave your comment on YouTube, thank you!
I read and really appreciate all the comments, even though I do not always have the time to respond to each one. So – keep me in the loop and try to create some sweetness every day because – Sweetness is happiness!!